I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they post their top ten lists on different bookish topics.
This weeks Top Ten is showcasing the top ten books we've read because of another blogger!
1. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: This one was actually brought to my attention by Rachel Hawkins blog posts on Goodreads. She was so darn amusing and the book sounded good, so I picked it up as soon as it came out.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: This was another one that was recommended by just about everyone. So good.
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: This one got my attention because I was often reading Anna Jarzab's blog and she was gushing about Mockingjay. So I finally picked up The Hunger Games and the rest is history.
4. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: This one came to me through The Story Siren. She gushed about its amazingness and add that beautiful cover, I couldn't pass it up.
5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis: I read about this one on quite a few blogs, so overall praise was what won me over.
6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles: I saw pretty much every blog I read talking about this series, so I finally decided to dive in and now I'm hooked.
7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: I don't actually remember where I first heard about this one, but once I started I couldn't stop reading them.
8. Where She Went by Gayle Forman (by way of If I Stay): I read about If I Stay on quite a few blogs and I really liked it, then this one came out and it blew my mind.
9. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty: I think I technically just found this one on Goodreads, but for a long time that's where all my book finds came from.
10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I had read and loved If I Fall, so when this was mentioned on an IMM I looked into and couldn't wait to read it.
I think The Hunger Games is on everyone's list! Haha. I really want to read Across The Universe, so when I get to that, I'll definitely be putting that on my list. Oh, and Delirium is a phenomenal choice. Awesome list! :)ReplyDelete
My Top Ten :)
Many of the books on your list I came to because of the overwhelming buzz about them all over the blogosphere, but Anna and the French Kiss was the book that I would never have probably picked up had I not read so many reviews about it. Great list!ReplyDelete
My sister recommended Perfect Chemistry to me and I sort of was like 'yeah ok' and stuck it in my to-read list... the summary of the book was completely cheesy and I wasn't sure I'd like it. After reading so many great reviews about it I decided to finally try it and I LOVED IT! :D Even though it was indeed as cheesy as I anticipated!ReplyDelete
I'm with you on a lot of these books! I love the book blogging community!
Hunger Games was one of the first books that came recommended by many, many bloggers. Finally, it got to the point where I felt like I had to go out and purchase it!ReplyDelete
Here's my list, Top Ten Books I Read Because of Another Reader. I'd also invite you to sign up for the contest to win a $25 Amazon giftcard this month at my blog.
I have got to read Where She Went! I loved If I Stay and I have heard the second one is even better. I love me some Adam!ReplyDelete
Everyone seems to have Anna and the French Kiss on their lists this week...or at least a lot of folks do! I think I'll have to just give in and pick it up to read. Great list!ReplyDelete
Ree @ LiteraryObsession.com
@Ree You definitely should, you won't be sorry! Thanks for stopping by :0)ReplyDelete
@Lisa@ButteryBooks I really liked If I Stay, but Where She Went is definitely so much better! I'm a big Adam fan, myself :0)ReplyDelete
@Book Crook Liza You're right, the summary definitely was cheesy and that's why I waited so long to read it, but the series is just so darn addicting :0)ReplyDelete
I have so many of those on my TBR shelf right now! Hex Hall is staring at me and I swear it's judging me for not reading it yet. :PReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by and for following. Following you as well!
@Ems I want to tell you in all caps to READ RIGHT NOW, but then I can totally see the benefit to waiting until the third is out to start, because you will want to devour them! The wait is killer :0)ReplyDelete
Great list! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting- now following you back :)ReplyDelete
Now I definitely have to read Hex Hall-- it has been on my shelf for a while, too, but I have been warned to wait until closer to the release of #3! Will also try and check out Unearthly.
Sloppy Firsts is such a ya classic! I loved it!! Plus, I need to read Across the Universe still. What an awesome bunch of books! :DReplyDelete
Nice list you got there! Hunger Games is on my list too. I also saw it on others' lists. I loved Unearthly and Delirium, can't wait for the next books.ReplyDelete
Here's mine: The Blair Book Project Top Ten
Great Top Ten! I think I've read just about all of them!ReplyDelete