I've been seeing these 24-hour Read-a-thon's all over the place and I thought they looked incredibly fun and I wanted to join in. So, fully stocked with yummy iced coffee, Flamin' Hot Cheetos, my reading glasses for when my eyes get tired, and plenty of water...I'm ready to do this!
* It is 5:00 pm on Friday, July 21st. I have officially started my Read-a-thon. As I type this I am currently listening to the audio book of 'Talking as Fast as I Can' by Lauren Graham. I only have about 20 minutes left on this one, but it's still reading!
Up next I'm going to jump into 'The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue' by Mackenzi Lee. I'm only about 60 pages in and I look forward to finishing this fun and funny story. I'll keep updating as I go along :0)
* It is now 8:36 pm and I'm only at page 231 in Gentleman's Guide. This book is dragging and wordy and I really wish more were happening at this point. Feeling this way at almost halfway through isn't giving me a lot of hope. I'm going to put this one down right now, because if I keep trying it will be the only thing I read this whole 24-hours.
I think I'm actually going to pick up a graphic novel, next. I just got 'Spell on Wheels' in the mail today and I'm really excited to read it.
* Took a short break to make myself some dinner. It was buffalo shrimp and it was delicious. Just before eating I finished Spell on Wheels and I loved it! I need more, which makes it extra sad that I couldn't find any evidence that they are going to make any more of them.
Now I'm trying to choose between 'Throwing My Life Away' by Liz Czukas, 'It Happened One Doomsday' by Laurence MacNaughton, and 'Matchpoint' by Elise Sax.
* It's 7:42 am and I just woke up. I only ended up making it until just after 1 am last night, then I crashed hard. I finally decided on 'Matchpoint' and read 60 pages before I passed out. It's the second in the series of these mystery/romance books and I'm definitely enjoying it. It's got a lot of humor, but there is also murder. So, you know, it balances. Hopefully, now that I'm well rested, I should be able to fly through the rest of this in a couple of hours and pick up my next book!
* It's 12:27 pm. I just finished 'Matchpoint' and I forgot how funny this series is. It's been ages since I read the first one and this one was just as good. I took a break for food (Kodiak Cakes, those things are the best!) and such for a little bit this morning. As much as I love reading, it seems my attention span for just sitting and reading constantly, is not very long. I had to walk around and find people to talk to. It helped. Only 4 1/2 hours left in my 24 hours, so I'll be picking something else up and depending on length I might be able to finish it :0)
* 5 pm on Saturday, I made it! I read a 'Spell on Wheels' (which I loved), 'Throwing My Life Away' (this was super cute and I adored it), and 'Matchpoint' (funny and I will likely pick up the next one in the future). I finished the audiobook of 'Talking as Fast as I Can' (and it was amazing!) and read almost halfway into 'The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue' (which I'm not sure when I'll actually get to finishing). Total page count is 913 pages.
This was really fun, but also tested my patience. Apparently I am not good at doing things consistently for many hours at a time, but I'm pretty proud of what I did end up reading and I think I am up to doing one of these again in the future!